Thursday, November 4, 2010

The Challenge of Meds and Dr's Recommendations

I have been to every kind of treatment you can think of. I have tried every kind of medicine their is. A neurologist out in Fort Collins, CO tried to put me on a daily preventative medicine called neurontin. That didn't work. I tried Depakote and went to the ER with a migraine from it. I've taken Zomig which worked for a while, then stopped working. I was put on Actique for really bad migraines and they just knocked me out. I still felt the headache when I was awake. That is stuff they give cancer patients by the way...
When I go to the hospital, they either give me Demerol or morphine. Sometimes it works right away, other times they have to give me 2 or 3 doses. At home most times I take Motrin 800 but that stuff is not good for me either. I try to only take 2 over the counter Motrin but that doesn't always give me enough relief.
Acupuncture - The needle placed behind my ear gave me a migraine!
Chiropractor - Gave me a headache from all the pulling and twisting but did feel good initially.
Massage - Well, thankfully I have a wonderful man to help me with that and it helps some of the time.

The meds are a challenge for me as you can see. Imagine if I took something every time I got a headache??!! I already think I have organ damage because of all the bruising and problems with circulation. I also have a clotting disorder which doesn't help much. If for some reason, my headaches were related to hormones, there isn't a darn thing I can do about it. If I do take meds, eventually I either become immune, addicted or experience a reaction from it by getting a rebound headache.. Ugh!

No comments:

Post a Comment