Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Freedom today! No Propane...No Headache

I am headache free today! I found out the culprit and we shut it off. We have propane to heat this new place we are in. Thank God we didn't spend the money and fill the tank..Yikes! ....and thank God my husband and father-in-law put in my electric stove! Sometimes the mind just...knows. I knew there was a reason to put in the electric stove, but couldn't put my finger on it. Well, the 4 day migraine proved it. Back to kerosene and wood heat.

You can't imagine the relief I feel after a 4 day migraine....Hell a 1 day migraine. My head feels like it can breathe (that's one way to put it to try and help someone understand the actual feeling). There is room for 3 brains in there now instead of the cramped area pushing against the inside of my skull.

I read this in another blog and it makes sense:
"If my Migraine disease has taught me anything - and continues to teach me anything - it's the value of slowing down.

We talk about slowing down all the time when we discuss chronic illness. Being chronically ill requires us to reserve our energy for those things that really matter, to evaluate what we can and cannot do based on how our bodies feel. While initially upon being diagnosed we can fool ourselves into thinking we can still operate our lives at "normal" speed (whatever that means), eventually our bodies demand us to make some hard decisions."
http://rhymeswithmigraine.blogspot.com/

I can remember so many times where I had to put the brakes on before doing something that a normal person wouldn't think twice about. Let's take for example going out on a boat. Relaxing huh? Not for me. Too much activity can land me in the hospital with a really bad migraine. The kicker? I am the one who ruins the whole boat ride because I tire first and want to go back to shore. I made so many people mad through the years because of different activities I could not do and they never realized I was just sick. Migraines are my curse and I have learned to adjust my life accordingly. I distance myself from friends and family. The only person who truly understands my "evil" is my parents and my husband and only because they have seen it first hand numerous times. Most people cannot even imagine what migraine sufferers go through and they are the lucky ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment