Monday, November 22, 2010

Stand Up for Relief from Migraines!

No really....I literally had to stand last night to feel relief. As soon as I sat down, the pain came back. It really set in after dinner. Me head was on fire!! The pain was unbearable and I went through both of my ice turbans and an ice pack. I had to stand up to feel less pain. Again, I feel like the oxygen intake has something to do with it. It is as if something is being pinched off to have the pain come back so sudden when I sit. I paced and watched an entire movie standing. My feet started getting tired after about 4 hours of standing and pacing so I tried laying down. The pain came back but my husband elevated my head and that worked okay as long as I had ice on my head. We played the game "Life" in bed. He had to move my car for me of course, but it was nice. He beat me in the first game and I kicked his butt in the second game. He would say different though:-p So the headache seemed like a reaction. It wasn't an MSG headache. This one was more like an onion headache. I felt instant pain and bad! We ate  shrimp for the first time in a long time. I sure hope it isn't shrimp since I do love it but it if helps me I will give it up. The headache at its worst was an 8...Ouch!

I have been sort of challenged to stop drinking caffeine for a while too, just in case that is one of the culprits. I have done this before but maybe it is a new problem for me. Having a migraine brain, we tend to be more sensitive to things and I think I get worse as I get older. Today is day one without caffeine.

1 comment:

  1. This is how I look at it, even if you notice a slight difference, its worth it. Doing all we can to not upset our sensitive braines.

    ReplyDelete